Motion Pacific Curated Rental Program
An opportunity for self-producing artists working in dance or dance-related music or theater. See details below.
One Night $900
Two Nights $1575
Three Nights $2200
In consultation with a panel of two advisory board members, Motion Pacific Theater will select artists to whom they will offer support which will include a reduced rental fee, technical space access throughout performance week, PR enhancement and eligibility for one-three performances. See details below.
All artists are asked to offer a Q & A discussing their creative process and offer a workshop in connection to the work they are presenting. Curated rentals are offered no more than twice a year. Curated rentals will be evaluated for their consistency with and support of the mission and curriculum of Motion Pacific’s education program.
- Box Office Management and Staffing
- 1 House Managers
- Space/Time in the Theater
- Light design and light board and sound operator.
* 8-hours of Tech rehearsal to be arranged with Motion Pacific house manager. Tech times available between 7:30pm and midnight as well as weekend days and evenings.
- Consultation and Intake with Mill Production Manager and Theater Manager
- Set-up and Strike of seating and staging
Additional Billable Costs:
- Any additional hours needed in the space for rehearsal or tech will be billed at $35/hr including tech staff.
- The Motion Pacific Theater may require a select number of accepted artists to participate in Marketing efforts
- All rates are subject to change within the first year of new Theater operations
- Additional costs and benefits will be determined/negotiated during the initial intake period
- Curated Artists will only be accepted after completion and submission of application form and work samples.
*$300 non-refundable deposit id required to hold the space upon acceptance of application.
Contact Abra Allan with questions or inquiries.